The Aviation Security Service (also known as AvSec) has four main activities at Christchurch Airport. These include:
- screening passengers and their carry-on baggage
- screening checked baggage and airport access controls
- screening airport workers
- managing the Airport Identity Card system for restricted areas.
If you’re a member of the public with a question for AvSec, please call them on +64 4 495 2430.
The New Zealand Customs Service is a government agency which protects and promotes New Zealand through world class border management. Its Māori name, Te Mana Ārai o Aotearoa, means “the authority that screens and protects New Zealand”.
Its goal is to protect New Zealand and advance our economy. Activities include:
- promoting New Zealand’s international trade
- collecting Crown revenue
- enforcing the law by identifying and seizing prohibited imports and exports.
Customs Officers at the airport ensure lawful travellers and items can move across our border as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
If you have a question for the New Zealand Customs Service, please call 0800 428 786.