Sky's the limit
Christchurch Airport offers aeronautical businesses the benefits of a future-focused, rapidly growing airport set in a thriving city and region.
Since our inception in 1936, our airport has led the way in embracing aeronautical innovation. We offer a wide range of connections to other airports both at home and overseas, and we are fully equipped with modern aviation infrastructure and services.
Our airport is located at the edge of Ōtautahi Christchurch, a vibrant, energetic city known for its urban regeneration, creativity and innovation. Our location means we can offer excellent access to the city and suburbs, as well as the wider Canterbury region and its array of stunning natural attractions.
Our aeronautical highlights include:
- Regular services to more than 16 airports across New Zealand
- Up to 25 return services per day between Christchurch-Auckland and Christchurch-Wellington
- Up to 130 international flights departing every week
- Direct services to five major gateways in Australia and major global hubs in Singapore, Dubai, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and the Pacific Islands – for onward connections to Asia, Europe and North America
- 12 airlines fly to Christchurch covering major alliances such as the Star Alliance and One World
- Christchurch Airport is a non-curfewed, internationally equipped airport, featuring a 3,300x45m paved main runway
- Several of the word's leading ground handling providers operate at Christchurch: Planebiz (Menzies), Swissport, Air New Zealand
- Aviation refuelling services provided by Air BP and Z Energy
- A dedicated FBO facility at GCH Aviation at the southern end of the airfield
- Airfield parking for aircraft up to ICAO Code F
- Freight forwarding by many of the world’s brands including DHL, Hellmann Logistics, Mainfreight, DB Schenker and others
- Daily freighter flights to Sydney, Auckland and Palmerston North
- Christchurch Airport is home to the Canterbury Aero Club, offering general aviation services and flight training.
Take a look at our Route Map to see all our national and international flight connections.
To contact a specific airline operating out of Christchurch Airport, please visit our Airline Contacts page.
If you wish to discuss aeronautical opportunities, please contact us here.